Buying a home is one of the most important decisions you make in life. We want you to purchase your new home with confidence and avoid worries like, “Is the roof in good condition?” and “What if it has water damage?” That’s where a home inspection comes in. It gives you the chance to see any future problem areas, that you may need to invest in and gives you added negotiating power during your purchase. And when it comes to buying a home, knowledge is power! Being the number one choice for home remodeling services, Mega Pros knows home inspections. With our knowledge, experience and standards, we ensure that you have a great inspection service to make sure you’re making the right decision when it comes to your future home. Each report is thoroughly completed and includes pictures and clarifications on any problems that could affect the home in the future. Let Mega Pros help you take the “what if’s?” out of buying a home and give you peace of mind.
Most Common Issues Found During Home Inspections
Below is a list of some of the most common issues we find while performing home inspections in Northern Illinois.
1. Faulty wiring—open junction boxes, amperage mismatches, no wire nuts on wires.
2. Poor grading and drainage— spongy soil around the foundation, signs of leaking in basement, excessive moisture near foundation and in basement.
3. Faulty gutters—clogged or bent gutters, water not channeled away from house. Pair that with poor grading and your home could be facing serious water in your basement or crawl space.
4. Basement dampness—water stains, discoloration or a powdery like residue on walls, mold or mildew.
5. Roof problems—brittle or curled shingles; broken or missing flashings.
6. Foundation flaws—cracks in foundation, sloping floors, sticking doors or windows.
8. Faulty plumbing—inadequate water pressure, slow drains, dated pipes and valves
9. Poor ventilation—extreme heat in attic, vapor condensation, moisture build up, mold, as well as lack of enough insulation.
Get Started Now!
[contact-form-7 id=”1113″ title=”Home Inspection Contact Form”]