We are officially halfway through 2018! That being said, we certainly have taken notice of some notable bathroom design trends. As more and more homeowners in the Chicagoland area contact us for bathroom remodeling and renovation service we have to stay up to date with current design demand. We wanted to be sure to share with you some of our favorites bathroom design trends coming to light in 2018.
- Mixed Tiles – In addition to color blocked tiles being in, we are seeing more and more demand for a mix of tile shapes in bathrooms. Examples of this could include: subway tile + basket weave or subway tile + large marble or granite squares or penny rounds + honeycomb. The options are endless, but do keep in mind the next of the trends:
- Neutral Tones – Most tiles that are requested are either natural tones like white subway tile, or a that of natural stone.
- Water Conservation – there has been much more consumer focus on toilets that offer a powerful flush that requires much less water.
- Statement Lighting – whether you want bold sconces or a chandelier of a new soaker tub, lighting is a big focal point in today’s bathrooms. The bolder the better
- Your Own Personal Spa – from the tile trends to tones today’s bathrooms scream SPA DAY! Take this feel to the next level with a new shower featuring body sprays, rain showerheads, hand showers, along with built ins and benches.
- Beautiful & Thoughtful Storage – You don’t have to rely on built in cabinetry anymore. It is much more common and desirable to incorporate an interesting or even antique piece of furniture. Not only can your furniture tuck away the towels and toiletries, but can also allow for bits of personality.