At Mega we strive to provide you with the very best in home improvement service. This passion is especially true when it comes to creating dream worthy decks for homeowners throughout the Chicagoland area. We are realistic however, and realize a number of people who contact us are probably getting multiple quotes for their project. That is why we thought it helpful to feature what we recommend all homeowners consider when hiring a deck contractor.
What to look for in a Deck Contractor
- Do they have equal experience in design as they do building?
- Ask to see a current portfolio of completed projects.
- Are they up to date with the latest tools, techniques, and technology available to them?
Questions You Should Ask a Potential Deck Contractor
- What are your company’s specialties?
- What decking materials do they offer, do they prefer working with one material over another?
- Do they offer design service or do they contract that out?
- Will they handle all necessary permits or will you have to?
- How long do projects generally take?
- Are they licensed and insured?
If you are considering a new deck for your home, we would love an opportunity to work with you. Our representatives will happily answer all of your questions as well as provide you with recent projects, reviews, etc. Want to view a few of our decking projects? Be sure to check out our decks page here.